This picture was taken at 1am, notice the sunlight?
- The average temperature is -10 degrees celsius with temperatures having dropped to -58 degrees celsius.
- The city is covered with snow for about 250-270 days of the year.
- The city has snow storms for about 110-130 days of the year.
- From December to January, there is no sun.
- From June to August, the sun does not set for more than 6 weeks.
- It is in the top 10 most polluted cities in the world and all the surrounding forests and ecosystems have completely been destroyed leaving the city surrounded by barren fields.
- The soil is so polluted, it’s possible to mine it for heavy metals.
- It is a ‘closed city’ which means you need special permission to enter (and you’re likely not to get it).